REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA
ON FIRM NAMES
1 July 1999 No.VIII-1286
Article 4. Requirements for a Firm Name
1. A firm name must be made up of the words or their abbreviations identifying the type of the firm and a symbolic name, and (or) the words or their abbreviations identifying the type of the firm and the name in a direct meaning.
2. A firm name must be made up in compliance with the norms of the standard Lithuanian language and resolutions of the State Lithuanian Language Commission at the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania.
3. A firm name must correspond to the requirements of the laws and legal acts which regulate activities of the types of individual firms.
4. A firm name must not contradict public interests, principles of morality and humanity.
5. A symbolic name contained in a firm name may not be made up of a common word (words) identifying only a direct type of activities or a type of goods (services) provided. A name in a direct meaning may not be made up only of a word (words) identifying only a direct type of activities or a type of goods (services) provided, or only of a place-name, or only of another word (words) which does not have a distinguishing feature.
6. The official name or traditional (abbreviated) name of the Republic of Lithuania may be used in a firm name according to the procedure established by the Government.
7. A symbolic name or a name in a direct meaning, contained in a firm name, consisting of letters which cannot be understood as words, and (or) numerals or their combinations, may be registered only if such firm name is established on the market.
Article 11. Filing an Application for Registration of a Firm Name
1. An applicant shall file an application for registration of a firm name with the Firm Names Register Keeping Agency. A representative of the applicant may file an application on behalf of the applicant.
2. Only one application shall be filed for registration of one firm name.
3. An application must be written in the state language.
Source: Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, Document Search