MINELRES: Roma Education Fund seeks a Consultant for the position of a Researcher
Fri Jan 8 19:48:01 2010
Original sender: Roma Virtual Network <email@example.com>
The Roma Education Fund seeks a Consultant for the position of a
The Roma Education Fund, an international organization supporting
quality education for Roma children, seeks a Researcher to work under
the supervision of the Capacity Building and Policy Development Manager
in order to implement the research agenda of the organization. The
position is expected to be based in Budapest, but the Roma Education
Fund will consider applications from those who do not wish to move to
Budapest but we would be prepa red to travel regularly to Budapest as
necessary to complete the assigned tasks. The position is a full -time
The candidate should possess the following:
· Have at least M.A. degree in social sciences (sociology, pedagogy,
anthropology, psychology, economics, political science or related
· Proven experience in research related to social inclusion. Experience
related specifically with Roma and the education of Roma will be an
· Speak fluent English, and have a very good command of written English.
Knowledge of languages of the countries of the Decade of Roma Inclusion
or Romanes will be an advantage .
· Excellent organization, administration and communication skills.
· Good knowledge of issues related to Roma education in at least one
country of the Decade of Roma Inclusion
· A good capacity to work under pressure and under minimal supervision
At equal qualifications Roma candidates would be preferred.
The job tasks will include:
· Preparing terms of reference for different research or proje ct
· Contributing to research design
· Contributing to and providing feedback to research instruments and the
overall methodology design
· Co managing research projects including multi countries and multi
· Communicating effectively with the partner organizations involved in
· Designing dissemination strategy for the various research products,
including preparing concepts for events related with research launches
· Create and maintain an updated database of the stakeh olders (think
tanks, research institutes, individuals) involved in research on
education for Roma
· Maintain an update the REF database with relevant research, report,
evaluation, and legislation related with education of Roma
· Contributing to project applic ations of REF in regard with analytical
part of the applications
· Participating in international workshops, conferences, roundtables and
other events related with the research work
What we offer
· competitive salary
· work and learn at the international level
· international training as part of the personal development plan
CV, motivation letter and salary proposal (all in English) should be
sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are encouraged to send one sample of one article, paper,
research report or other publication relevant for the job.
Deadline for submitting applications is: January 30, 2009.
Roma Education Fund
H-1066 Terez Krt 46
To apply for REF Grants, visit the
This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.