MINELRES: REF seeks consultant for the purpose of revision of REF country assessment for Bulgaria
Sat Feb 27 20:10:22 2010
Original sender: Beata Olahova <email@example.com>
REF seeks consultant for the purpose of revision of REF country
assessment for Bulgaria
The Roma Education Fund is preparing an update of its country assessment
on the education of Roma in Bulgaria and seeks a consultant to assist in
ensuring the quality of the document. The assignment is for 20 days of
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- review and update the entire document: REF country assessment for
- review the final reports from REF projects in Bulgaria, REF Annual
reports, the Bulgarian Helsinki Committee evaluation and other documents
provided by REF.
- assess the impact of the activities supported by REF in Bulgaria since
the last country assessment was prepared (project grants, policy
studies, knowledge sharing and tertiary education scholarships) against
the indicators in the last country assessment and based on the
information provided by REF and public documents suggested by the
- introduce possible legislation changes, new initiatives and provide
written feedback on the document and concrete suggestions on
- suggest areas for possible interventions for REF in Bulgaria;
considering Governmental regulations, scaling up opportunities of
existing education projects
- what are the programmes planned in the OP Structural Funds of
relevance for Roma education
- what are the new initiatives in the field of education after Bulgaria
joined the EU
- what is the perspective for Roma considering the upcoming legislative
reforms in the field of education
- what has changed in Roma education since 2005 in Bulgaria
In performing the tasks the consultant should take into account the need
of interviewing key governmental and nongovernmental actors in order to
take stock of new developments in education since 2005. The consultant
should collaborate with REF staff during the process and incorporate the
feedback received during the stages of producing the document.
- thorough knowledge and understanding of the education system and the
situation of the Roma in Bulgaria
- proficiency in English language
- degree in education or related field
- experience in research / writing policy documents
- good communication skills
Report of 10-15 pages length in English /Bulgarian, using the model
format provided by REF
A draft of the report is expected after approximately 15 days work. A
final report, revised to take into account the comments from REF, will
be prepared within 5 working days after receiving the comments.
During the assignment period the consultant will report to Ms. Beata
Olahova and Mihai Surdu, REF staff.
The work is expected to begin as soon as possible and be completed by
April 10, 2010.
Deadline for submitting application is 07 March 2010.
Please, send your CV and links to publications to Ms. Beata Olahova on
This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.