MINELRES: Fwd: Vacancy at OSI Roma Initiatives: Program Manager
Tue Apr 20 19:07:21 2010
Original sender: Roma Virtual Network <email@example.com>
Vacancy at OSI Roma Initiatives: Program Manager
Open Society Institute
The Open Society Institute is the major nongovernmental supporter of
efforts to improve the economic and social inclusion of Roma in Central
and South Eastern Europe. Over the last 15 years, the Open Society
Institute’s Roma-related programs have worked on a wide range of issues,
including equal access to quality education, women’s empowerment and
gender equity, public health, civic and political participation, media
access and development of Roma media, promoting tolerance, cultural
diversity, and challenging anti-Roma prejudice.
The Open Society Institute is one of the main supporters of the Decade
of Roma Inclusion 2005–2015. Roma Initiatives guides and coordinates all
aspects of Open Society Institute network programming and grantmaking
activity related to Roma within the framework of the Decade.
In close coordination with the staff members of Roma Initiatives, the
Program Manager will work closely on the Decade of Roma Inclusion, an
international initiative of 12 countries (Albania, Bosnia and
Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia,
Montenegro, Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, Spain) and will be expected to
manage the implementation of several Roma initiatives projects.
- Working in close cooperation with the senior staff of Roma Initiatives
- Coordinating the production of Decade Watch reports 2010-15 by
facilitating the work of the Decade Watch network through strategic
guidance, administrative support and grantmaking
- Working together with the Decade Secretariat to coordinate civil
society participation in all Decade-related events
- Strengthening Roma participation in the Decade and community awareness
of the Decade
- Focusing on bottom-up community organization and mobilization on
Decade priorities, such as education, employment, housing, health, and
- EU-related advocacy, including continuous coordination with the
relevant international bodies
- Undertaking other duties as requested by the Program Director
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated interest in Roma initiatives
- General familiarity with the human rights issues and NGOs active in
- Excellent skills in oral and written English
- Knowledge of another language in the region is an asset
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and
Access, as well as other database systems)
- Willingness to travel and work outside regular office hours as
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously in a
fast-paced working environment and to prioritize accordingly
- Ability to work as a team member and independently, with high level of
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Please send applications in English, including a motivation letter and
curriculum vitae, to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Program
Manager/Roma Initiatives” in the Subject field.
Application deadline: May 7, 2010.
For more information about OSI Roma Initiatives, please see
OSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer which supports diversity and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity,
nationality, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
Roma Initiatives & Executive Office
Open Society Institute
Oktober 6. u. 12.
1051 Budapest, Hungary
www.soros.org/initiatives/roma | www.romadecade.org
This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.