MINELRES: Job opening at the Roma Education Fund: Program Officer for South East Europe
Fri Apr 27 17:09:54 2007
Original sender: Alexandre Marc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
THE ROMA EDUCATION FUND RECRUITS PROGRAM OFFICER FOR SOUTH EAST EUROPE
The REF is recruiting a program officer to be positioned in its head
office in Budapest and covering south east European countries
The program officer will be responsible for developing and managing a
country program in selected countries where REF is active, will
participate in the strategic thinking on REF activity and directions,
help develop REF procedures and programs. More particularly the program
- Have specific responsibilities for the management of country programs
for two or three countries of South East Europe. This activity will
involve, review and assessment of grant proposals, following the grants
through all the project cycle, coordinate with the REF country
facilitators, identify and oversee research and policy development
activities, conduct the policy dialogue with governments and NGO sector.
- Participate in REF communication activities, by attending conferences
and seminars, prepare and present papers and contribute to the policy
dialogue with partners
- Take part in monitoring visits to other countries
- Create and maintain an updated database of the stakeholders
(governmental agencies, NGOs, international organizations, think tanks,
research institutes) involved in education for Roma
- Ensure REF visibility in Roma Education related manifestations
- Maintain contacts with think thanks, research institutes, policy
analysts involved in reforming educational system in the concerned
countries and assure the REF approach in regard with education of Roma
- At least four years university degree in education, social science,
economics, public administration, law.
- Experience in program management
- Speaking one of South East European language: Serb, Croat, Bosnian,
Macedonian and English fluently and knowledge of Romanes would be
- Experience in working on Roma issues, especially Roma education
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in team in various contexts.
Please send letter of interest in English and CV with at least three
references to Vbodoczky@romaeducationfund.org before May 18, 2007.
Detailed information on REF can be found at
This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.