MINELRES: Fwd: Job Vacancy: Chief Executive Officer, European Roma and Travellers Forum
Fri Jul 7 17:03:48 2006
Original sender: Roma Virtual Network <firstname.lastname@example.org>
European Roma and Travellers Forum
Post Title: Chief Executive Officer
The post holder will be based in France - Strasbourg and will assist the
President of the Forum.
In his/her work, will be under the under supervision of the President of
ERTF and in liaison with Council of Europe officials. This post is not
subject to the Council of Europe Staff Regulations.
Under the authority of the President of the European Roma and Travellers
Forum the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the following:
* initiate all necessary measures and actions to set up a functional
office in Strasbourg;
* flow of information to and from the president as well as to and from
the executive committee;
* coordinating decision-making processes;
* co-operate with NGOs and organizations affiliated with the Forum;
* provide timely and accurate information to NGOs, the media and the
public about the activity and policies of the Forum;
* prepare grant proposal and other fund-raising documentation and in
reports to donors;
* manage expenses of ERTF and documentation for the ERTF's accountant
and for reporting to donors;
* liaise, at discretion of ERTF President, with diplomatic missions in
* attend and take notes at meetings of Council of Europe institutions;
* make protocols of ERTF leadership meetings with other parties;
* maintain knowledge of schedules and content of reports and resolutions
of Council of Europe institutions
The post holder may furthermore be assigned other tasks of a similar
kind commensurate with the grade of the post and the duties attached to it.
* Advanced University Degree (Masters or equivalent) preferably in law,
international relations or other disciplines related to human rights;
* At least 5 years of relevant professional experience with human rights
and NGO capacity-building;
* Very good knowledge of at least two of the official languages of the
ERTF (English and Romani or French and Romani) and knowledge of the other.
Good knowledge of Romani is ideal;
* Sound experience in administrative duties;
* Computer literacy and experience with databases will be essential.
Familiarity with web design would be valued.
* Experience in grant proposal writing and donor relations;
* Experience in book-keeping or financial processes of a non-profit
* Experience in an international (diplomatic) organization or in a
minority rights NGO will be valuable.
* Precision, listening skills, initiative;
* Sense of human and public relations and ability to work in a team;
* Adaptability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
The European Roma and Travellers Forum is a non-profit-making legal
entity governed by the legislation in force in France. Its purpose is to
oversee the effective exercise by Roma and Travellers of all human rights
and fundamental freedoms as protected by the legal instruments of the
Council of Europe. It shall promote the fight against racism and
discrimination and facilitate the integration of these population groups
into the European societies and their participation in public life. The
forum pursues this aims notably by proposing, in order to contribute to
the improvement of the conditions of the said populations, the implementation
of initiatives at the most adequate levels, primarily with regard to housing,
health, education and employment.
Applications must be sent, in Romani, English or French, to:
European Roma and Travellers Forum
Council of Europe
F - 67075 Strasbourg
E-mail : email@example.com
and arrive by 31 July 2006 at the latest
Candidates must submit:
* cover letter stating his/her interest
* a detailed CV including date of birth, nationality(ies), postal
address and e-mail address (if applicable),
telephone number(s), education and training, work experience and
Letters of recommendation from Roma or Traveller NGOs are welcome, as
letters of recommendation from a former employer.
Candidates must be nationals of a Council of Europe member State and
must be aged under 55 on
the closing date of the vacancy notice.
The selected candidate will be recruited on the basis of an initial
contract of 1 year, (constituting a probationary period).
This contract may be extended until the end of the Partnership Agreement
with the Council of Europe and for further periods.
The ideal candidate will begin work in September
This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.