MINELRES: Fwd: The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) is seeking to recruit a Policy officer
Tue Feb 14 21:18:51 2006
Original sender: Roma Network <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) is seeking to recruit a
ERIO is an international Roma advocacy organization based in Brussels.
The aim of ERIO is to promote political and public discussion on Roma
issues by providing factual and in-depth information on a range of
policy issues to governmental authorities and EU institutions at
European level. ERIO aims further to promote antidiscrimination and
social inclusion of Roma into European societies, to raise awareness
about Roma issues among its own community members and to promote
exchange of information. Finally the organization intends to support
efforts by Roma NGOs to gain access to European Union structures.
To enable us to achieve our goals, we are looking for individual, who is
dynamic, politically aware creative and professional. Someone who is
able to work in a team, is up for a challenge and committed to the
promotion of Roma’s social inclusion and anti-discrimination.
- Analyzing relevant EU policies and strategies and draft position
- Fundraising - drafting applications for funding with the EU funds and
- Maintaining working contact with EU officials, European level NGOs and
national Roma and non-Roma organizations.
- Project coordination – project management and communication with
- Drafting reports, articles, policy papers and press-releases.
Applicants are expected to have the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in an appropriate discipline, preferably in law,
political or social sciences.
- Professional experience with international advocacy organizations.
- To be familiar with the social and human rights situation of Roma.
- Extensive knowledge of European Union structures and policies related
to minority rights, social inclusion and anti-discrimination.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (priority
will be given to candidates who speak in addition French or Romanes)
- Experience in fundraising, especially with EU funds.
- Excellent drafting skills
- Good organizational skills.
- Computer literacy. Knowledge in design and maintaining website will be
Applicants should send their CV, letter of interest with two references
Closing date: February 27, 2006
For more information call +32-2-733-34-62; fax: +32-2-733-34-62
*** Please note that only short-listed candidates will be
This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.