MINELRES: Fwd: Job Announcement (COHRE): Roma Rights Litigation and Advocacy
Wed Feb 8 18:48:41 2006
Original sender: Roma Network <email@example.com>
Legal Officer – Litigation Programme (Part-time)
Roma Rights Litigation and Advocacy
The Centre on Housing Rights and Evictions (COHRE) is an international
human rights NGO, with regional programmes and thematic programmes on
litigation, right to water, housing and property restitution, women
and housing rights and global forced evictions monitoring. Established
in 1994, COHRE is a recognised voice in the global human rights
COHRE wishes to hire a Legal Officer to work with COHRE’s Economic,
Social and Cultural Rights Litigation Programme. The Legal Officer
will be based in COHRE’s International Headquarters in Geneva,
Switzerland or other location as agreed. The position will be 2-3 days
The Legal Officer will:
- Assist COHRE undertake litigation and advocacy on Roma housing
rights, particularly in Bulgaria and Slovakia.
- Advise national partners on complaints to European Court of Human
Rights and other
- Maintain regular contact with lawyers, advocates, community-based
groups, NGOs, governments and international organisations with which
COHRE has close working relations.
- Assist with organisation of workshops and fact-finding missions.
- Legal background, preferably with a law or other advanced degree
- 3 or more years experience working in the human rights, development
field or in court-based litigation. - Self-motivated, extremely
well-organised and an excellent writer
- Willingness (sometimes on short notice) to travel often, occasionally
for extended periods of time
- Flexible and easy-going, but hard working and deeply committed
- Fluent in English, and working knowledge in Slovak or Bulgarian.
Preferred Additional Skills/Experience:
- Fluent in Slovak or Bulgarian.
- Experience working with Roma communities and Roma rights.
Interested candidates should send a complete curriculum vitae and an
unedited writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Roma and women are encouraged to apply.
The position involves an excellent working atmosphere and a
competitive reimbursement package. Only short-listed candidates will
be contacted for possible interviews. The deadline for submitting
applications is: 10 February 2006.
83 Rue de Montbrillant
This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.