MINELRES: TRANSCEND Peace University - October semester
Fri Jul 22 13:41:01 2005
riginal sender: TPU <firstname.lastname@example.org>
TRANSCEND Peace University - TPU On-Line
The world's on-line university for peace and development studies
Announcing Registration for semester starting October 2005
The following is an announcement for the TRANSCEND Peace University (TPU), the
world's first ever global peace university for policy makers, practitioners,
scholars, students, UN staff and others working in peacebuilding, conflict
transformation, post-war reconstruction, rehabilitation and reconciliation,
development, human rights, and other related fields.
Please forward this announcement to individuals, organisations, UN agencies and
governments which you believe may be interested in participating in the TPU 's
October Semester 2005. For more information or to apply on-line, please visit
Please note, the deadline for applications for the October Semester is
September 15, 2005.
TRANSCEND PEACE UNIVERSITY (TPU)October Semester 2005
Johan Galtung, the Rector of TPU and one of the founders of peace studies,
invites you to join practitioners and students from around the world on-line.
With faculty and Course Directors drawn from amongst the leading scholars and
practitioners in their fields internationally, TPU is the world's first truly
global, on-line Peace University designed for government and NGO practitioners,
policy makers and students at any level working in the fields of peace,
conflict transformation, development and global issues. Since 1996 300+ on-site
skills institutes have been offered for 6,000+ participants around the world,
using the TRANSCEND manual "Conflict Transformation By Peaceful Means,"
published by the United Nations.
There will be certificates; for single courses, diplomas for clusters of
courses and eventually BA, MA; and PhD degrees. Participants may combine on-
line and on-site courses.
In the 2005 October Semester TPU will offer the following 22 courses:
1. Peaceful Conflict Transformation, Johan Galtung
2. Democratization and Development, Paul D. Scott
3. Peace Learning in Conflict Transformation, Catherine Odora-Hoppers, Alicia
Cabezudo, Magnus Haavelsrud
4. Peace Futures, Sohail Inayatullah
5. Peace Journalism, Jake Lynch and Annabel McGoldrick
6. Nonviolence as Political Tool and Philosophy, Jorgen Johansen
7. Deep Culture in Conflict Culture, Johan Galtung, Wilfried Graf and Gudrun
8. Peace Museums, Christophe Bouillet
9. Dialogue, Peace and Development, Katrin Kaeufer and Claus Otto Scharmer
10. The Global Compact- A platform for change and development, Fred Dubee
11. Conflict Prevention, Intervention, Reconciliation and Reconstruction, S. P.
12. Film and Peace, Paul D. Scott
13. Transformacion Pacifica de Conflictos, Sara Rozenblum de Horowitz
14. Peace Business and Economics, Howard Richards
15. Literature and Peace, Marisa Antonaya
16. Gender and Militarism, Gal Harmat
17. Peace Zones, Christophe Barbey
18. Psychology and Peace, T. Ito and F. Tschudi
19. Mathematics and Peace, J Galtung and D Fischer
20. Economics and Peace, J. Galtung, D. Goalstone
21. Art and Peace: An Online Course, Olivier Urbain
22. Peace, Gender, Violence, Celia Cook- Huffman, Zulfiya Tursunova
Starting Date: October 3, 2005 (or two weeks after the minimum number of
students is met for that course)
Ending Date: January 16, 2006
Deadline for Registration: September 15, 2005
Cost per one Course: For EU/Western Europe, North American, Japanese and South-
East Asian/Australian, participants 300 Euros. For all others 150 Euros.
For more information or to register, please contact the TRANSCEND Peace
University Global Center in Cluj, Romania with a staff to handle information,
applications, payments, course related questions, and computer support:
This announcement is transmitted to you due to the relevance of this programme
to your field of work.
Should you not be interested in receiving information on the programmes of
TRANSCEND, please reply to this message and fill in the word "no" in the
subject box. Your address will be removed from our mailing list. Should you not
wish to receive these mailings, we apologise for any inconvenience and thank
you for your understanding.
This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.