MINELRES: Job: Slovakia: Senior Program Manager for Roma Political Participation
Sun Feb 20 10:43:41 2005
Original sender: Barbora Bukovska <email@example.com>
SLOVAKIA: SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER FOR ROMA POLITICAL PARTICIPATION
NDI is seeking to hire a Senior Program Manager for its Roma Political
Participation program in Slovakia. Primary responsibilities will include
program design, implementation, evaluation, and management of the
Institute's in-country office. The Senior Program Manager will also play
a lead role in raising funds from U.S. and international donors.
The position will be based in Kosice, Slovakia; close collaboration with
the resident representative in Sofia will be critical to the program's
success. The Senior Program Manager will be assisted by local staff in
Kosice and Washington, D.C. in managing the programmatic and
administrative aspects of the programs, and will report to NDI's
Regional Director for Central and Eastern Europe, based in Washington,
The successful candidate will have strong leadership, interpersonal, and
management skills, coupled with significant political experience at a
senior level. Additionally, the successful candidate will possess
familiarity with both North American and European governing systems. The
ability to effectively communicate skills and experience as a trainer
and advisor to individual political figures and to political parties is
essential. Experience in civil or Roma rights issues, or familiarity
with Central & Eastern Europe is highly desirable.
A commitment of one year is expected for this position.
- Design, management, implementation, and evaluation of NDI's Roma
program in Slovakia.
- Regular communication and coordination with resident representative
responsible for NDI's Roma program in Bulgaria.
- Day-to-day management and oversight of local staff in Slovakia.
- Building of staff capacity to play a substantive role in program
development and implementation.
- Financial management and budget oversight of non-federal grants.
- Cultivation of key partners in parliament, local and national
government, political parties, civil society, media, donors, and
organizations representing the international community in the region.
Written reporting to NDI/Washington analyzing political developments in
country and measuring program impact.
- At least 9 years of experience working either with a political party
or advocacy group, or as an elected official at the national or local
- In-depth knowledge of political party structures, communications, and
- Experience with a city council, state legislature, the U.S. Congress,
or a national parliament.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate skills and experience to
others as a trainer or advisor.
- Proven ability to manage a public opinion research project.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent staff, office management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and financial management skills.
- Experience with international organization preferred.
- Knowledge of program evaluation techniques preferred.
- Experience working or living in Central & Eastern Europe is highly
Non-US citizens applying for internships and entry-level positions based
in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require
Interested applicants can apply now using our on-line resume tool.
Please cite the exact position title in the cover letter.
No phone calls please
Posted February 9, 2005.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, ethnicity,
national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability,
and/or sexual orientation.
Deadline: February 25, 2005