MINELRES: TRANSCEND Peace University on-line: register by 15 February
Mon Feb 14 16:17:41 2005
Original sender: Dietrich Fischer <email@example.com>
Courses begin 28 Feb. 2005!
Please forward this announcement to individuals, organisations, UN
agencies and governments which may be interested in participating
in TPU. For more information or to apply on-line, please visit
"www.transcend.org/tpu". Application deadline: 15 February 2005.
Johan Galtung, the Rector of TPU and one of the founders of peace
studies, invites you to join practitioners and students from around
the world on-line.
With faculty and Course Directors drawn from amongst the leading
scholars and practitioners in their fields internationally, TPU is
the world's first truly global, on-line Peace University designed
for government and NGO practitioners, policy makers and students at
any level working in the fields of peace, conflict transformation,
reconciliation, development, human rights and global issues. Since
1996 300+ on-site skills institutes have been offered for 6,000+
participants around the world, using the TRANSCEND manual "Conflict
Transformation By Peaceful Means," published by the United Nations.
There will be certificates; for single courses, diplomas for
clusters of courses and eventually BA, MA; and PhD degrees.
Participants may combine on-line and on-site courses.
In the 2005 February Semester TPU will offer the following courses:
1. Peaceful Conflict Transformation, Johan Galtung
2. Nonviolence as Political Tool and Philosophy, Jorgen Johansen
3. Peace Journalism, Jake Lynch and Annabel McGoldrick
4. Film and Peace, Paul D. Scott
5. Deep Culture in Conflict, Galtung, Wilfried Graf, Gudrun Kramer
6. Democratization and Development, Paul D. Scott
7. Dialogue, Peace and Development, Katrin Kaeufer & Otto Scharmer
8. Conflict Prevention, Intervention, Reconciliation and
Reconstruction, S. P. Udayakumar
9. Development and Human Rights, Jim Ife and Lucy Fiske
10. Peace Futures: Mapping, Anticipating and Deepening Approaches
to the Futures of Peace (and War), Sohail Inayatullah
11. Peace Museums, Christophe Bouillet
12. Peace Zones, Christophe Barbey
13. Transformacion Pacifica de Conflictos (Spanish), Sara Horowitz
14. Peace Business and Economics,Jack Santa Barbara/Howard Richards
15. Literature and Peace, Marisa Antonaya
Starting Date: February 28, 2005 (or two weeks after the minimum
number of students is met for that course)
Ending Date: May 22, 2005
Cost per Course: For EU, North American, Japanese and South-East
Asian/Australian, participants 300 Euros. For all others 150 Euros.
For more information or to register, please contact the TRANSCEND
Peace University Global Center in Cluj, Romania with a staff to
handle information, applications, payments, course related
questions, and computer support:
Tel +40-724-380511 / Fax:+40-264-420298