Government Decree no. 378/1998
On the establishment of the Evaluation Committee for the foundation of the Hungarian
as amended by Government Decree no. 759/1998
29 October 1998
(1) For the application of the 37th point of art. 1 of Urgency Government Order no. 36/1997 for the amendment of Law no. 84/1995 on education, the Evaluation Committee for the foundation of the Hungarian state university, referred to as the Evaluation Committee in the following, is constituted.
(2) The Evaluation Committee is empowered to elaborate the evaluation project about the modalities of founding the Hungarian state university and to complete the necessary documentation for providing the organisation of its functioning.
(1) The Evaluation Committee shall have the following composition:
a) Tokay Gyorgy, delegated minister by the Prime Minister for national minorities, president of the evaluation committee;
b) dr. Koto Jozsef, state secretary in the Ministry of National Education;
c) Dr. Mihai Korka, state secretary in the Ministry of National Education;
d) Constantin Bratianu, general executive for problems related to higher education within the Ministry of National Education;
e) Dr. Szilagyi Pal, Vice-Rector of “Babes-Bolyai” University, Cluj-Napoca;
f) Dr. Nicolae Bocan , Vice-Rector of “Babes-Bolyai” University, Cluj-Napoca;
g) dr. Horvath Andor, professor at “Babes-Bolyai” University, Cluj-Napoca;
h) Pusztai Kalman, professor at The Technical Institute from Cluj-Napoca;
i) Jung Janos, professor at the University of Medicine and Pharmaceutics, Targu-Mures;
j) Dan Horia Mazilu, professor at the Faculty of Letters, Bucharest University;
k) Marius Sabau, dean of the University of Medicine and Pharmaceutics, Targu-Mures;
l) Adrian Costescu, professor at the Faculty of Physics, Bucharest University;
(2) The activity of the committee shall be assisted by a technical secretaraiat whose secretary is salary earner.
The powers of the committee are as follows:
a) elaborating the study on the identification of the necessary funds for providing the infrastructure of the university.
b) completing the necessary documentation for the accreditation process, in accordance with the provisions of art. 3 of Law no. 88/1993 on the accreditation of the institutions for higher education and the recognition of diplomas, for the temporary authorisation and functioning and the right to organise the entrance examination.
(1) The Evaluation Committee is also empowered to analyse the modalities of founding the “Petofi-Schiller” Multicultural State University with Hungarian and German as languages of education, in accordance with the provisions of Government Decree no. 687/1998 on the initiation of the foundation process of the “Petofi-Schiller” Multicultural State University with Hungarian and German as languages of education.
(2) In order to apply the provisions stated in paragraph 1, the composition of the Evaluation Committee is supplemented with 3 specialists in higher education, proposed by the Democratic Forum of Germans from Romania and named by the Prime Minister’s order.
(3) The documentation elaborated in accordance with paragraph 1 shall be submitted to the working group constituted on the basis of art. 2 of Government Decree no. 687/1998 which shall elaborate the self-evaluation report for this institution.
The General Secretariat of the Government shall provide the necessary spaces for the functioning of the evaluation committee.
For the good functioning of the evaluation committee, the budget of the Ministry of National Education for 1998 shall be supplemented with 500 million leis from the Budgetary Reserve Fund of the Government.
Source: Unofficial Translation