Law No. 69 of 26 November 1991, as amended supplemented by Law No. 24 of 12 April 1996
(4) In territorial administrative units where national minorities are present in sufficient numbers, decisions of the local council shall also be brought to the notice of citizens in the language of those minorities.
(1) In relations between citizens and the authorities of the local public administration the language used shall be Romanian.
(2) In their relations with the authorities and staff of the local public administration, citizens belonging to national minorities may also communicate with them orally and in writing in their mother tongue.
(3) Applications submitted in writing shall be accompanied by an authenticated Romanian translation.
(4) Where the representative of the public authority or the official does not understand the minority language concerned an interpreter shall be used.
Source: Unofficial Translation