Law No. 68 of 15 July 1992
(1) Legally constituted organisations of citizens belonging to national minorities which fail to obtain at least one seat in the Chamber of Deputies or the Senate in the elections shall have the right to one seat in the Chamber of Deputies, in accordance with Article 50 paragraph (2) of the Constitution, provided that their share of the vote is at least 5% of the average number of validly cast votes in the entire country for the election of a Deputy.
(2) Organisations of citizens belonging to national minorities which participate in the elections shall be treated in law as political parties for the purpose of electoral operations.
(3) The provisions of paragraph (1) shall also apply to organisations of citizens belonging to national minorities which have participated in the elections on the joint list of those organisations; in this case, where none of the candidates on the joint list has been elected, all the organisations which proposed the list shall be allocated one Deputy's seat, provided that the conditions set out in paragraph (1) are met.
(4) The provisions of paragraph (3) shall not apply to an organisation of citizens belonging to national minorities which participated in the elections on the joint list with a political party or another political group or on joint lists, in accordance with paragraph (3), as well as on their own lists.
(5) The Deputy's seat allocated in accordance with paragraph (1) or (3) shall be allocated in addition to the total number of Deputies determined by the rules on representation."
(1) During the election campaign access to the public radio and television services shall be guaranteed as provided for in this article.
(2) Access to the public radio and television services by parties, political groups and independent candidates with representatives in Parliament shall be subsidised from the State budget. Other parties, political groups and independent candidates shall have access to the services concerned on the basis of contracts concluded between the corresponding institutions of Romanian Radio-Television and the financial agents who represent them; the tariffs charged per unit of broadcasting time shall be the same in all cases.
Source: Unofficial Translation