CABINET OF MINISTERS OF THE REPUBLIC OF LATVIA
|22 August , 2000 Riga||Regulations No. 286|
Regulations on the Usage of Foreign Languages in the Text of Stamps, Seals and Letterheads
Issued according to Paragraph 4, Article 20
of the State Language law
1. These regulations are to determine the cases when:
2. In the texts of stamps, seals and letterheads of the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Latvia and institution under its supervision also other languages may be used along with the state language when they perform functions related to foreign affairs.
3. Usage of foreign languages along with the state language is permissible in correspondence of the respective institutions with international organizations operating in Latvia.
4. In correspondence with foreign addressees foreign languages may be used in the texts of stamps, seals and letterheads.
5. Should along with the state language in the texts of stamps, seals and letterheads be used also a foreign language, the text in the state language shall be in the foreground and in form or content no smaller or narrower than the text in a foreign language.
6. Compliance with these Regulations shall be controlled by the State Language Center.
7. These Regulations take effect on September 1, 2000.
|Prime Minister||A. Berzins|
|Minister of Justice||I. Labucka|
Source: Unofficial translation