I proclaim Law on telecommunications, which was brought by House of Representatives of Croatian National Parliament on its session of 30 June 1999.
Zagreb, 8 July 1999.
This Law regulates telecommunications, radio, TV and cable TV, it also regulates relations among providers ad users of the telecommunication services, buildings, maintenance and usage of telecommunication objects and equipment and radio stations.
XII. RADIO AND TV
(1) Program of the concessionaire of radio and TV should particularly:
5. facilitate understanding for the members of national minorities.
Special program terms
(2) Broadcasting program of radio and TV connectionist, should not be indecent and should not broadcast pornography, it should not facilitate violence, or nourish racial, religious and national hate; and it should not misuse naivete of its listeners and TV watchers.
Regulations on the use of language
(1) Concessionaire of the radio and TV is obliged to broadcast program in standard Croatian language.
(2) Exceptionally of the regulation from the paragraph 1. of this Law, concessionaire of radio and TV can beside broadcasting program in standard Croatian disseminate program in dialects of Croatian language and in languages of national minorities, if so is presumed by program scheme from the article 76. paragraph 3. of this Law.
(3) Exceptionally of the regulation from the paragraph 1. of this Law, concessionaire of radio and TV can broadcast informative program and service information for the tourists in the languages according to the structure of guests in the area covered by his concession.
No longer valid Law
On the starting day of the application of this Law, previous Law on telecommunications will not be valid anymore ("Narodne novine", No. 53/94.).
The implementation of this Law begins on the eight day after its publication in Narodne novine.
Zagreb, 30 June 1999.
Source: Unofficial translation